- 3 cups pie pumpkin (I prefer a baby variety, i.e. Baby Bear, Baby Bam, etc)
- 1.5 cups pecans
- 3 1/2 cups dates
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Place the pecans. 1 1/2 cup dates, and 1/2 cup of dried coconut into a food processor. Process the three ingredients until they reach a crust-like consistency.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of dried coconut onto the bottom of your pan. Press the crust into your pie pan.
- Deseed and chop the pie pumpkin.
- Pit your dates, and place them in the Vitamix with your chopped and peeled pumpkin. Add all of the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the crust and spread it on evenly.
- Place the pie into freezer, until it firms up. Serve chilled, but not frozen. I enjoy the pie when the filling is soft.